NEW! Pain and Addiction, Best Practices and Proper Prescribing
- March 20, 2018
- December 31, 2020
- 3 CME, 3.6 Nursing, 2.1 Nursing Pharmacology, 3 ADA CERP
- This course was reviewed and accepted by
- West Virginia Board of Medicine
- West Virginia Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- West Virginia Board of Dentistry
- West Virginia Board of Examiners for Register Professional Nurses
- Credit Fee
- Target Audience
- The course is designed for all clinicians—physicians, dentists, nurses, physician assistants and others—who prescribe opioid medications and who care for patients receiving opioid medications.
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- recognize current statistics and interrelationship of prescribing, pain and addiction.
- describe current overdose statistics.
- identify current laws and regulations related to statute and PDMP.
- recognize addiction liability of medications.
We teamed up with the West Virginia Medical Professionals Health Program, the WV State Medical Association, and the WV Osteopathic Medical Association to offer this web course, Pain and Addiction: Best Practices and Proper Prescribing, designed to meet the state mandated three (3) hours of Drug Diversion credit for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and dentists.