The goal of the Office of Continuing Medical Education of the West Virginia University School of Medicine is to offer Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities to physicians and other health care providers in West Virginia and the surrounding region. The purpose of these educational activities is to assist providers in maintaining and enhancing their clinical competence to promote high quality health care.
The expectation is that our educational activities will change learner competence and/or performance in practice and ultimately, lead to enhanced patient care and improved outcomes.
Results will be measured by the following learner indicators:
- Report greater confidence in ability to accomplish the objectives of each program
- Report an intent to change practice or behavior as a result of the educational intervention
- Report an increase in confidence in current ability
- Demonstrate ability to apply new knowledge
- Show improvement or positive impact on specific performance measures and/or patient outcomes through quality and patient safety metrics.
Adopted by the WVU School of Medicine Committee on Continuing Medical Education
February 12, 1992
Reviewed: June 12, 1996
January 6, 2000
Revised: April 8, 2002
Revised: February 18, 2009
Revised: April 24, 2013
Revised: February 7, 2018